[gst-devel] Sending with rtpbin

Aaron Lindsey aaron at 8bh.com
Wed Feb 6 09:54:53 CET 2008

I'm working on an rtp sender/receiver pair for streaming mpeg4.  I've
tested the receiver and it will correctly display an mpeg4 rtp stream from
a network camera.  I'm having problems writing a sender to stream to the
receiver.  Here's how I'm setting up the pipeline:

GstElement *source = gst_element_factory_make( "videotestsrc", "source" );
GstElement *encode = gst_element_factory_make( "ffenc_mpeg4", "encode" );
GstElement *pay = gst_element_factory_make( "rtpmp4vpay", "pay" );

GstElement *rtpbin = gst_element_factory_make( "rtpbin", "rtpbin" );
g_object_set( G_OBJECT( rtpbin ), "localport", 9002, NULL );
g_object_set( G_OBJECT( rtpbin ), "destinations", "127.0.0.1:9000", NULL);
g_object_set( G_OBJECT( rtpbin ), "default-pt", 96, NULL );

pipeline = gst_pipeline_new( "Mp4RtpSenderPipeline" );
gst_bin_add_many( GST_BIN( pipeline ), source, encode, pay, rtpbin, NULL );

if( !gst_element_link_many( source, encode, pay, rtpbin, NULL ) ) {
    g_warning( "Failed to link elements" );
}

Both sides run but I never get a video window.  I know the receiver is
getting packets because I get a bunch of debug output saying "Incoming RTP
packet, sending without jrtplib".  I'm hoping I have a glaring omission
that someone here can point out to me.  Any comments welcome.  Thanks.

Aaron