[gst-devel] Fwd: Guild for plugin development

Rahul Nikose rahul.nikose at gmail.com
Sat May 31 10:13:41 CEST 2008

Hi Everybody,
             I am trying to build mp4 parser element( plug-in) using
gst-template tool.
             For that I read Plug-in Writer guide . There writer mention use
of *"make_ element"*  tool for creation of
             corresponding  .c and  .h file. afterward writer  spoke about
understanding and modifying those .c and .h file.
                        But for creating a plug-in and to use it like other
plugin (e.q oggdemux, vorbisdec ) you must have
             corresponding *.so* file. Writer didn't mention about it
anywhere. :(
                        Since I am new to gst-template tool and not having
much knowledge about it....would help in guiding
              what are the next step to follow after creating .c and .h file
.... I also searched over internet ...got some vague
              ideas like
             * 1.   Modify gst-template/gst-plugin/src/ Makefile.am
           2.   Run automake
           3.   Run gst-template/gst-plugin/autogen.sh*

             i tried these step but I had problem during running autogen.sh
(unkonown syntax error near token 'GST, \
             configure ....PKG_CHECK_MODULE(GST ,\ ....
             configure failed.... )
              So I like to ask that am i going right way to build
plugin....or i need to modify step...add more step
             Please guid me through. :)                  have nice day
 --
Thanks and warm Regards

Rahul S. Nikose