[gst-devel] Fwd: Guild for plugin development

Danilo Freire xharada at gmail.com
Sat May 31 17:21:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

Did you created the Makefile.am corrected? If possible, paste it in the
e-mail.

Also, could you paste the complete error message in the e-mail, it seems
that is a "check" error, so, did you installed the gstreamer development
files in your system? (xxxxx-dev files)

[]s

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Rahul Nikose <rahul.nikose at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>              I am trying to build mp4 parser element( plug-in) using
> gst-template tool.
>              For that I read Plug-in Writer guide . There writer mention
> use of *"make_ element"*  tool for creation of
>              corresponding  .c and  .h file. afterward writer  spoke about
> understanding and modifying those .c and .h file.
>                         But for creating a plug-in and to use it like other
> plugin (e.q oggdemux, vorbisdec ) you must have
>              corresponding *.so* file. Writer didn't mention about it
> anywhere. :(
>                         Since I am new to gst-template tool and not having
> much knowledge about it....would help in guiding
>               what are the next step to follow after creating .c and .h
> file .... I also searched over internet ...got some vague
>               ideas like
>              * 1.   Modify gst-template/gst-plugin/src/ Makefile.am
>            2.   Run automake
>            3.   Run gst-template/gst-plugin/autogen.sh*
>
>              i tried these step but I had problem during running
> autogen.sh  (unkonown syntax error near token 'GST, \
>              configure ....PKG_CHECK_MODULE(GST ,\ ....
>              configure failed.... )
>               So I like to ask that am i going right way to build
> plugin....or i need to modify step...add more step
>              Please guid me through. :)                  have nice day
>  --
> Thanks and warm Regards
>
> Rahul S. Nikose

Danilo Freire
Embedded System and Pervasive Computing Lab.
Federal University of Campina Grande - UFCG