[gst-devel] GPP + DSPs

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:02:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:02 AM, David Bourgoyne
<dbourgoyne at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Yes, think of it as a Master x86 GPP with several OMAP (ARM+DSP) devices
> all connected via PCI.  The v4l source may be on the x86 and an encoder
> on the OMAP device.  I have to create a GStreamer pipeline on the x86
> and hook it to a OMAP pipeline and then back to an x86 pipeline to send
> the compressed bitstream over ethernet.

That sound rather complicated.

I don't know enough about that kind of setup but my feeling is that
it's best to implement some kind of server on the ARM side that uses
openmax to process the data and send it back. On the x86 side you have
a GStreamer element that communicates to that ARM server. Personally I
would do it with gst-openmax+openmax because I think it's easier to
develop the openmax component, but other people might disagree.

--
Felipe Contreras