[gst-devel] Determining incoming framerate for client app.

Merrick Fonnesbeck MFonnesbeck at sorenson.com
Wed Oct 8 21:54:06 CEST 2008

In order to learn Maemo and GStreamer, I have created a video
conferencing app that streams video from the camera on one Nokia
Internet Tablet device to another device and displays it.  I set the
framerate on the outgoing device to be a certain value, but on the
client/receiving side it doesn't appear as fluid and clear.  Is there
any way to determine what the framerate is that is actually arriving on
the client side?  And is there any way to improve it to make it more
fluid and clear.  Thanks.

Mfonnesbeck