[gst-devel] Can an element dynamically add/remove another element in the pipeline?

James Ausmus james.ausmus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:00:48 CET 2008

Hi, I have a question that I'm not seeing a clear answer to:

If I have a pipeline set up as such (simplified):

Source->Decode'and'Sink

Could the "Decode'and'Sink", and any arbitrary time during the
execution of the pipeline (while the stream is playing), stop actually
sinking and add another element to the pipeline, like such:

Source->Decode'and'Sink(but not really sink right now)->Different Sink

and then, at some arbitrary point later, remove the "Different Sink"
element and begin actually sinking again?

Thanks!

-James