[gst-devel] ffdec_mpeg4 Bitrate Issue....

Manish Rana manish.rana at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:31:26 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to set bitrate=48000 on ffdec_mpeg4, and then transmitting the
data using gstRTPbin and UDP.
On the other end i tried calculating the data rate coming. I used WireShark
for the same.

After removing RTP/UDP/eth0 and all other header's the data rate is coming
around 200kbps.

FPS at the VideoSrc is 10. GOP size is 30.

Can someone guide me what do i need to get the lower and constant bit rate
from encoder.
As this is eating all the bandwidth. and all my application is going for
toss :"(

Also i have seen there are some properties of ffenc_mpeg4 that are used for
Rate Control.

Please let me know. Also suggest to me to reduce overhead and ways to reduce
the bitrate in RTP.

I am in urgent need,

Thanks a lot
Manish