[gst-devel] video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)HDYC

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 00:11:40 CEST 2008

2008/9/9 Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com>

> > Any plan to support HDYC format in gstreamer ?
>
>    If you have elements that support that format... you can already do
> it now. After all, it's just a matter of creating a caps (like
> "video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)HDYC").
>

>   The *real* problem is having elements that can convert (properly)
> from that colourspace/layout to other ones (like the ones used by video
> sinks or encoders).
>
>   I don't know if anybody's planning that, but that wouldn't be the
> only issue with colourspaces in GStreamer (Anyone heard of chroma
> placement in subsampled video ?).
>
>   It all comes down to having:
>   * A proper definition of colourspaces in raw video caps
>   * An element that *properly* does that conversion taking into account
> the correct conversion coefficients/clamping and chroma placement. Oh,
> and preferably with readable code (unlike ffmpegcolorspace).

Ok. I have some basic knowledges but I think I have not the background to
make a such gst element (colorspace converter).
It requires to know a lot of video formats in order to start good
abstractions. And use appropriate libraries (liboil ?)
For now I can start to add the HDYC to RGB convertion in the ffmegcolorspace
element. (just to not forget this format ...)

Is there any thing about HDYC in the ffmpeg libs ?

>     Patches welcome :)
>
>       Edward

Thx

Julien