[gst-devel] Freshly baked Windows binaries of HEAD available

Andres Colubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:24:56 CEST 2008

> What I mean is: If you want to provide some GStreamer binaries, try to
> link it against the glib version actually provided by the windows gtk
> installers as many of us will use GStreamer in combination with GTK.
> If you don't do this, your gstreamer binaries will work well on a
> standalone app, but they won't work at all with any previous installation.
> I dont know if I was clear enough because my english is very poor.
> Want I wanted to let clear is that there could be some conflicts with
> GLib that you should take in consideration. I  think the GLib version
> used to link the GStreamer binaries si too cooler for windows and
> won't be compatible with any other previous installation as the one
> provided by the windows gtk installer.
Hi Andoni, your comment is very clear. From what I understand, all that
GStreamer uses from GTK on windows are the glib dlls (specifically
libgio-2.0, libglib-2.0, libgmodule-2.0 and libgobject-2.0), so those
are the only ones GStreamerOABuild needs to be linked against in case we
want to create a GTK-compatible release of OABuild.