[gst-devel] Help setting frame rate with videorate

Noe Nieto tzicatl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:56:21 CEST 2008

Hi All

I am experiencing the same problem in a similar situation. On this case the
MJPEG source is at 25 fps. Here is the example:

gnomevfssrc location=$CAMERA ! typefind ! multipartdemux ! image/jpeg,
framerate=25/1 ! jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! filesink
= location=test0.ogg

The first problem here is that past the jpegdec element, the framerate is
ignored and falls back to 0/1.
The second problem is that If I try to force the framerate, say, right
before ffmpegcolorspace, then the pipeline will not construct.
The third problem occurs if I use the videorate element. The video
accumulates frames, but totem only displays a still picture instead of a
video.

Can anyone advice?

Regards.

Noe Nieto.