[gst-devel] How-to compile a plugin?

El Piraña piranna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:27:52 CEST 2009

Finally i get to compile this after a problem with liboil :-D

Well, i have desinstalled the gstreamer-sdl package to ensure that i'm
using my compiled-ones, and i have tinkered a little the sdl plugin to
have a new sub-plugin, that is my own sdlsurfaceplugin. I have
searched on the ./configure and other files and compiled all once to
have that better integred, but i think is not necesary. Since that, i
have only make

cd <sources>/ext/sdl/
make install

and it automatically compile my (modified) sdl plugin with the
sdlsurfacesink (at this moment, a copy of sdlvideosink with renamed
identifiers and some printf to know what is doing at each moment until
i understand how i must to modify it) and install it in a
non-package-version folder at /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10.

At make install advice, since that is not the ubuntu gstreamer
directory i should use global vars and so, but it's a little messy and
i didn't get no results, so i have made a little trick: since i
desinstalled the original gstreamer-sdl package, i have make links (ln
-s) from the original location (/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10) to my new
(modified) ones at /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10... and it works :-D
Now i can be able to tinker with the sdl plugin and experiment to
create my new one :-) I hope i can have it soon if i can have some
time and no too much problems with the sdl surface video overlay...
:-D