[gst-devel] Question about DVD playback, Inputs, IPTV

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Apr 30 17:08:37 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 13:29 +0200, Jens Schneider wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> thanks for the quick feedback. :)
> My comments see below.
>
> Regards
> Jens
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:50:27 +0100
> > Von: Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>
> > An: Discussion of the development of GStreamer <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> > Betreff: Re: [gst-devel] Question about DVD playback, Inputs, IPTV
>
> > On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 08:14 +0200, Jens Schneider wrote:
> >
> > > Then i saw, that the DVD menu is not shown. I have installed the plugin
> > >  dvdnav from ugly. This works generally, but i saw no menu overlays (no
> > >  selection). Then i found out that the usage of the resindvd plugin is
> > >  suggested. I have installed it, but no changing.
> >
> > You need a recent gst-plugins-bad to get the resinDVD plugin, and
> > gst-plugins-base 0.10.22 to get a version of playbin that knows how to
> > handle the DVD subpicture display in order to get the menus working.
>
> Okay, i will check this. I think i have the latest version.
> If i use the xvimagesink i see the DVD menu and i can click on an item. That is working. But i cannot see the highlighted, focused item.

You need an up to date playbin that knows how to insert the dvdspu
element, and you need the dvdspu element (from gst-plugins-bad)
installed.

> > > Next i will try gstreamer and IPTV.
> > > Which plugins (or which pipe) i have to use?
> > > Can i work with playbin?
> >
> > No idea, sorry.
>
> The xine engine has no problems with that. And i think that should not a big problem for gstreamer. Mmmm...

It's certainly possible to play IPTV (MPEG-TS over UDP) in GStreamer,
I'm just not sure which URI to use for playbin, if one exists.

Jan.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>