[gst-devel] New GStreamer binaries for Windows based on OAbuild.

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:42:53 CET 2009

During the last couple of months we have been working on porting GStreamer
to Windows using the OAbuild project. We introduced some modifications to
OAbuild in order to improve compatibility and provide video decoding and
encoding in a larger number of codecs.

Changelog:
·Compile ffmpeg with mingw/msys with full codec support.
·Remove the ffmpeg project from OAbuild and link the ffmpeg plugin to the
mingw/msys ffmpeg libraries.
·Remove the GLib project from OAbuild and link GStreamer to the GLib version
provided
with the GTK+ win32 installer (in this way GStreamer can be used by GTK
applications).
·Update liboil to a newer version to compile the volume plugin.
·Change the ffmpeg plugin code to compile it using VS.
·Change the qtdemux plugin code to compile it using VS.
·Compile libmad for Windows and add the libraries to the Gstreamer's
dependencies to provide mp3 decoding support.
·Add the mad plugin to OAbuild.
·Add the asfdemux plugin to OAbuild.
·Remove the Direct Show wrapper and use the ffmepg plugin for all the
decoding stuff.
·Add the xvid plugin to OAbuild.
·Change the xvid plugin code to complile it usin VS.
·Add the mpeg2decoder plugin to OAbuild.
·Add the mpegstream plugin to OAbuild.

To do:
·Make the x264 plugin work
·Improve mpeg2 decoding/demuxing support
·Add dvd navigation support

You can find the installers at:
http://forja.rediris.es/frs/?group_id=96

Andoni Morales Alastruey