[gst-devel] [directdrawsink] Overlay Support?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Mar 4 20:35:38 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Loewe <lazyt at gmx.net> wrote:

> Maybe some usefull hints for other mingw users trying to get dshowvideosink
> to work:
>
> - to build the required dshow baseclasses take a look at this
> http://svn9.cvsdude.com/vvc/kdesolaris/trunk/XVID/1.1.3/dshow/dxpatch/ patch
> - to get the dshowvideosink compiled i need the following changes
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22337301/dshowvideosink.cpp.diff
> dshowvideosink.cpp.diff

The changes here to remove the L prefix suggest that you're incorrect
compiling this in non-unicode mode - your build system (whatever it is
you're using) should be defining UNICODE or _UNICODE or something to
make this work correctly.

The change to how the extern "C" bits are done looks harmless. Can you
file a bug in bugzilla to make sure this doesn't get forgotten?

> This works for me, but the video-output can't be switched to another window
> (works with directdrawsink / xvimagesink). Are there any plans to implement
> this feature?

I'm not precisely sure what you mean - can you show the code you're
using to do this? Probably filing a bug on this with more detail would
be a good idea, I can try to fix it up (but probably won't get to it
for a couple of weeks, since I'll be on holiday with no access to a
windows development system).

> Overlay works when setting "renderer=VMR". Would be great to make it
> possible to set a colorkey via g_object_set.

I certainly have no plans to implement any colourkeying stuff, but I'd
review and commit a patch if one was provided.

Mike