[gst-devel] [directdrawsink] Overlay Support?

Thomas Loewe lazyt at gmx.net
Wed Mar 4 22:15:44 CET 2009

> The changes here to remove the L prefix suggest that you're incorrect
compiling this in non-unicode mode - your build system (whatever it is
you're using) should be defining UNICODE or _UNICODE or something to
make this work correctly.

Ok UNICODE works, thanks.

> I'm not precisely sure what you mean - can you show the code you're using
> to do this?

I mean the "gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id(GST_X_OVERLAY(videosink),
(gulong)outputwindow);" function. With directdrawsink/xvimagesink i can
switch the output to another window during playing pipeline. This doesn't
work with dshowvideosink at the moment.

> I certainly have no plans to implement any colourkeying stuff, but I'd
> review and commit a patch if one was provided.

Ok, i'll take a look at this.

For now i've patched I420 "fake" support (same as YUV12 with swapped planes)
so there's no need for colorspaceconversion via ffmpegcolorspace...

Thomas