[gst-devel] video sink to update OpenGL texture?

Martin Luessi mluessi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 22:56:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use Gstreamer to display video in a presentation tool which is
written in python and uses OpenGL for rendering. For displaying video, the
idea is to update an associated OpenGL texture after a frame has been
decoded. Can anyone tell me how this is best done. I was looking for
something like a "memory video sink" from where I can grab the video frame
after it has been decoded and update the OpenGL texture. Ideally the sink
would also support synchronization from the client.

Thanks,

Martin