[gst-devel] How to save a stream buffer to a file ?

Nicolas Bertrand nico at inattendu.org
Mon May 4 12:00:25 CEST 2009

> Hi Find attached a standalone python program.
> This program display a stream ( videotestsec) and allow also making a
> snapshot of th stream ( Capture button) . the image result is in
> snapshot.jpg
>

> The snapshot is made via method capture in class my_gst. Is that the
> correct way to that kind of operation ; i.e. storibng an image from
> stream in file.

Actually my question is to know if for save to file a single gstreamer
buffer, in an asynchronous way, is better to made this with the
add_buffer_probe/remove_buffer_probe methods or use a connect/disconnect
'handoff" signal  ?  Is there differences ?  a more  datasafe mode ?
gstreamerly mode ?

Nico.