[gst-devel] Presuming the data flow after EOS & Accessing a file by two applications

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Tue May 12 06:39:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am currently writing an application to save data from a live source
into file. The server streams a file RTP payloaded H.264 video packets
and AAC audio packets on separate ports. The reciever receives the
data and saves it into a file. I could save the file properly.

But now my problem is I want to do trickmode operations on this file even
when it is downloading(while the file is still been written on client side).
Currently I have written separate application to do trickmode opearations
on a file. But when I do trickmode operations on the file which is still
writing contents in to it, the pipeline gets into ASYNC state & when the
application is forceably closed the qtdemuxer throws an error.

One thing I thought is to send an EOS for every 5 secs on the client side
while writing data into file. So that the muxer gracefully writes the
proper data after EOS and the chunk of data can be considered for trickmode.
But after sending the first EOS I can't set pipeline to any state and the
data flow on pad is stopped.

I would be very thankful if anyone could just tell me
* how can I access the file even when its writing.
* Or in any way can I start the data flow even after sending EOS?

Thanks in advance.