[gst-devel] SDP negotiation, missing packets

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Thu May 28 12:20:44 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have written applications for multicast server & client using gstrtpbin.
* On server side I build a SAP packet embedded with SDP data.
  And send these SAP packets on a separate multicast address to the client
  at periodic intervals. And the RTP data are sent on a different multicast
  address.
* On the client side I parse the SDP packet to get the caps to apply on
udpsrc
  element. Once I get the caps I build the elements required and then set
the
  pipeline state to PLAYING.

PROBLEM FACED:

On the client side once the caps are got and applied on the udpsrc element,
the
pipeline starts in the playing state. The first few frames (1 or 2) are not
proper on the client side. Then after first few frames the stream plays
fine.

This data on the client side is written on to a file. Thsi file is not
seekable.
Where as the original file is seekable.

If I don't negotiate the caps externally and directly copy the caps from
server
& set on the udpsrc of client. This works fine. The stored file is also
seekable.

I would be greatful for any help regarding the same.

Thanks