[gst-devel] Odd replay issue...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Aug 12 05:30:44 CEST 2010

On 08/11/2010 03:15 PM, Stefan Kost wrote:

> It is a nasty problem. The stream time of the pipeline is 00:05:00 when you
> start recording and in some file-formats (e.g. iso mp4) that is preserved.
>
> camerabin 'solves' that problem by tracking the non-recording phases in the
> piepline and rewriting the timestamps on buffers then go to the recording
> branch. People have been sugesting to use the a newsegment event instead, but I
> haven't verified the idea.

So the question is, how come if I run

'gst-launch filesrc location="file.mpg" ! timeoverlay ! xvimagesink'

it displays it as starting from 00:00:00,400 instead? The time/stream or
whatever couldn't possibly be embedded in the file otherwise shouldn't
it also give that odd time?  The viewer in source is setup nearly
identical to that same gst-launch command so that is what has got me
fairly confused...