[gst-devel] muxing into mp4 files

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon Dec 20 17:58:43 CET 2010

On 12/20/2010 06:53 AM, Florian Iragne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm currently using ffmux_ipod to mux a h264 stream into an
> 'ipod/iphone' compliant mp4 file.
>
> It works. However, from the begining, i've noticed some video quality
> problems (the video seems to "freeze" on one frame every 5 seconds.
> Since it match the keyframe interval i've defined on the coder, i
> thought it was an artifact due to the coder.
>
> Today, i've tried to mp4mux/qtmux to achieve the same goal (mp4 file
> ipod/iphone compliant). I'm not able to play these files on iOS device,
> however the strange video quality problem has disappeared.
>
> So few questions :
>    * is there a way to force mp4mux to mux into an ios compliant mp4
> file? I've tried lots of parameters tunning without success
>    * since the quality problem is the same using ffmux_mp4 and
> ffmux_ipod, i think it is related somewhat to ffmpeg. Does anybody have
> a idea about the problem? I haven't found anything in the bug tracker.
>
> thanks for any help

I can't really help you directly with the problem, however I would
suggest looking at the winFF program. I think it uses ffmpeg and has
profiles for these types of conversions. You can either use that to
create the ipod converted file, or perhaps seeing the options it is
using find where gstreamer / your pipeline have issues.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet