[gst-devel] muxing into mp4 files

Florian Iragne florian.iragne at viewsurf.com
Mon Dec 20 22:38:56 CET 2010

Thanks for your answer,

i know where are the issues : on one side, ffmux_ipod gives me a mp4
file iOS compliant, but visualy not perfect. On the other side, mp4mux
gives  an mp4 file visualy "almost" perfect, but not playable with iOS
devices.

so the problem in my gstreamer pipeline is clearly the muxer element.
However, after having search through all the pipeline elements
properties, i haven't found any that has an effect on either the quality
of the output or its compliance to iOS limits (and yes, the files have
to be playable under iOS, unfortunately).

here are the elements of my pipeline :
rtspsrc ! rtph264depay byte-stream=false ! capsfilter ! mp4mux (or
ffmux_ipod) ! filesink

thanks for youur help

Florian