[gst-devel] new plugin writer's issue

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 18 19:11:12 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Durgesh Mishra
<durgesh.mishra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> The problem is resolved now. Here is something that I did.
>
> I took reference of AlsaSrc plugin for writing this DroidAudioSrc plugin.
>
> I did write these statements in droidaudiosrc_init() function.
>
> GstPad* src_pad = gst_pad_new_from_static_template (&src_factory, "src");
>     gst_pad_set_getcaps_function (src_pad,
>
> GST_DEBUG_FUNCPTR(gst_pad_proxy_getcaps));
>     gst_element_add_pad (GST_ELEMENT (asrc), src_pad);

You should not be adding the src pad yourself - if you're needing
this, then that means there's something else wrong in your plugin -
the base source should be adding the pad for you. If it's not doing
that, then something isn't initialising properly - and you'll probably
have many more problems. So you should revert that change, and figure
out the real cause of your bug.

Mike