[gst-devel] GSoC 2010

André Dieb andre.dieb at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:48:08 CEST 2010

Hello all,

My GSoC project for GStreamer is:

iXMF
Student: Andre Dieb Martins / dieb_
Mentor: Thiago Sousa Santos / thiagoss
Abstract:
Interactive XMF (iXMF) is the world's first open interactive audio container
format. Designed by the gaming industry, it intends to standardize
interoperable
interactive audio content. GStreamer currently doesn't support iXMF and
having
iXMF/XMF support would be a great leap for GStreamer into the gaming market,
since it would pioneer a new important standard.

Progress will be reported weekly at my
blog<http://genuinepulse.blogspot.com>[1] and code is being hosted on
gitorious <http://gitorious.org/gst/ixmf> [2]. If anything, feel free to
contact me through email or IRC (nick andredieb).

Regarding the project's status, I'm currently writing an element for
demuxing XMF (xmfdemux), as XMF is the base format for iXMF. It's objective
is to demux XMF contained audio items into streams and be the code base for
the ixmfdemux element.

[1] - http://genuinepulse.blogspot.com
[2] - http://gitorious.org/gst/ixmf