[gst-devel] Videomixing two/multiple webcams side by side

scottmil scottmil at gmail.com
Fri May 21 23:14:08 CEST 2010

Kapil,

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately this still doesn't display both camera
feeds.  I'm not getting a green blank area instead of a black one.  I assume
this is from the border-alpha setting.  I also had to add an extra mix. at
the end.  My command is:

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! videobox left=-320 border-alpha=0 !
queue ! videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false
v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! queue !
mix. mix.

Which produces this:

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2226729/Screenshot.png

The actual video is from /dev/video0.  And I see nothing from /dev/video1.
However the LED indicator on the camera turns on so the feed is getting
pulled. Just not displayed.

Scott