[gst-devel] Reduce latency for a MJPEG over UDP multicast pipe

STJME jonas.melin at saabgroup.com
Fri Oct 8 15:32:22 CEST 2010

Thanks alot for this substantial analyzis! We'll dig right into your
suggestions and try to tweek accoringly.

Some things we cannot control. We have no control of the camera and
framerate of the camera and I guess we cannot elaborte much about the actual
frame grabbing. The grabber does not support HW compression for MJPEG, but
it appears not to add much latency anyways as you say..

Another thing is that it appears as if the RTP protocol adds substantial
delay (70ms or so). By using raw UDP we could decrease the delay. However,
that is quite uggly. The best thing would be to try to tweek the RTP stack.
We have tryied, but cannot see any effect. Do you know anything about that?