[gst-devel] Reduce latency for a MJPEG over UDP multicast pipe

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Oct 19 21:51:30 CEST 2010

On Friday 08 October 2010 15:32:22, STJME wrote:
> Another thing is that it appears as if the RTP protocol adds substantial
> delay (70ms or so). By using raw UDP we could decrease the delay. However,
> that is quite uggly. The best thing would be to try to tweek the RTP stack.
> We have tryied, but cannot see any effect. Do you know anything about that?

 I didn't know about that...  At reception side, RTP has a jitterbuffer which
reorders packets and compensates for clock and network jitter, but I guess you
already configured that down to the minimum.

 Do you know if this latency is caused by the sender or by the receiver?

 Regards,
 Arnout

 PS If you want a quick reply, CC me, since I don't read the list very often
:-)

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540