[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 09:28:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Doug Crawford <dcraw101 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am viewing a RTSP stream from an AXIS 241Q video server and displaying it
> on my OMAP3EVM board.  My gstreamer pipeline is: gst-launch rtspsrc
> location=rtsp://10.5.5.33/mpeg4/media.amp ! decodebin2 ! TIDmaiVideoSink
> videoStd=VGA videoOutput=LCD sync=false rotation=90

Not sure about how the TIDmaiVideoSink works, but I'd suggest to set the
sync option to true. Is there any particular reason for which you're setting
it to false?

> The video pauses for about 5 seconds then plays very fast for about 2
> seconds and this keeps repeating over and over.  The rtsp source and my
> omap3evm are both on a local switch and the image is only QCIF so I don't
> think it is a bandwidth issue.  Any ideas?

Video frames may be played back in bursts when timing information (for
instance the RTP timestamp) is not honored by the sink. Usually, setting
asynchronous output on a sink means that whenever a frame reaches it, it's
rendered immediately. Any big enough buffering in the network (e.g. your
camera is using MTAP aggregation mode for H264) or in the pipeline will thus
cause such an effect.

Regards