[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Doug Crawford dcraw101 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 18:28:22 CEST 2010

I tried setting sync=true, but then I don't see any video image at all.  I am
guessing this is the root of the problem.  Is there any element that might
fix or help synchronize the RTP timestamps?

I suspect the problem is in the TIDmaiVideoSink because if I run the
gstreamer rtsp client on my Ubunutu box the video is very smooth (although
it is delayed about 2 seconds which I believe is related to a latency
parameter on the rtspsrc element).  I can only run the rtsp client on my
ubuntu box using playbin2.  If I try to compose the pipeline using
inidividual elements like: "gst-launch rtspsrc
location=rtsp://10.5.5.33/mpeg4/media.amp ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 !
videoscale ! xvimagesink" then I get the following error:
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc1: Internal data
flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2507): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc1:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Is there any way to see exactly what playbin2 is using for its pipeline.
There must be some other element that I am missing.  Also, if I try to play
the video on my OMAP3EVM using playbin2 then I only see 1 frame and then the
video pauses indefinitely.