gst-inspect not finding plugin loader helper binary

Nicholas Butts nbutts at appareo.com
Mon Aug 22 14:34:55 PDT 2011

I've crossed compiled gstreamer to an ARM target. When I run gst-inspect I
see the first error message and then many error message similar to the next
message. I've set GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER to a directory that contains the
gst_plugin-scanner program, but it doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

(gst-inspect-0.10:1372): GStreamer-WARNING **: External plugin loader
failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not
found or could not be run. If you are running an uninstalled GStreamer
setup, you might need to update your gst-uninstalled script so that the
GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER environment variable gets set.

(gst-inspect-0.10:1372): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/usr/lib/perl/5.8.4/auto/B/B.so': /usr/lib/perl/5.8.4/auto/B/B.so:
undefined symbol: PL_maxo