gst-inspect not finding plugin loader helper binary

Nicholas Butts nbutts at appareo.com
Mon Aug 22 14:47:03 PDT 2011

Found the problem, I had GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH pointing to /usr/lib instead
of /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10, now I don't get the error messages. But I had to
recreate my host directory structure and put the gst-plugin-scanner in the
same path the hosts thinks it should be in. This seems like a bug. I want to
build gstreamer in location A on my build machine, but it will reside in
location B on my host target. Is there a way to do that?

Also, I have all of the plugins copied over on my host machine, but when I
run gst-inspect I only see the plugins below. Why do the base and good
plugins not show up?

coreelements:  valve: Valve element
coreelements:  multiqueue: MultiQueue
coreelements:  typefind: TypeFind
coreelements:  tee: Tee pipe fitting
coreelements:  filesink: File Sink
coreelements:  queue2: Queue 2
coreelements:  queue: Queue
coreelements:  output-selector: Output selector
coreelements:  input-selector: Input selector
coreelements:  identity: Identity
coreelements:  funnel: Funnel pipe fitting
coreelements:  filesrc: File Source
coreelements:  fdsink: Filedescriptor Sink
coreelements:  fdsrc: Filedescriptor Source
coreelements:  fakesink: Fake Sink
coreelements:  fakesrc: Fake Source
coreelements:  capsfilter: CapsFilter
coreindexers:  memindex: A index that stores entries in memory
staticelements:  bin: Generic bin
staticelements:  pipeline: Pipeline object

Total count: 3 plugins, 20 features

--
Nicholas Butts
SENIOR FIRMWARE ENGINEER

Appareo Systems, LLC
1810 NDSU Research Circle N
Fargo, ND 58102

P: (701) 356-2200
F: (701) 356-3157

http://www.appareo.com

nbutts at appareo.com

NOTICE: This message {including attachments} is covered by the Electronic
Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521, is CONFIDENTIAL and
may also be protected by ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR OTHER PRIVILEGE. If you believe
that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in
error and then delete it.