No subject

Sun Feb 20 09:24:37 PST 2011

implementation has got a 'dump' function. So technically it would be
rather simple to 'sample' output from the library and place it into a
pipeline.

Some additional subjects were; SVG support (based on Inkscape) into the
Ambulant player and using Gstreamer as 'backend' like FFMPEG is now. Then
again; Ambulant claims it is feature rich, but from my own experience it
is far from bugfree and has some very basic design difficulties.

(Design problem is for example rendering alpha channels on the
backend instead of keeping them transparent, transitions look funny then)

IMHO it would be a great idea to use gstreamer as the backend for
Ambulant and thus getting the SMIL2 part into a parser element.

The point I personally got stuck with Gstreamer was prototyping my SMIL
application into a gst-lauch pipeline. Incompare to for example
Real-Helix-memleak-player, gstreamer was so slow/cpu intensive with
overlaying multiple video streams. Maybe a chat on IRC/Jabber would be
good over this topic.

Stefan