pipeline deadlock issue

Kocsis Tibor ikt011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:42:11 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a source element that produce me 10 buffer in a hour (I'm
recording with 10 frames per hour). If i have a pipeline for that, and
press ctrl+c in the 12th minutes, the pipeline still freeze for 8
minutes, until the next frame arrives and the EOS message. Is there
any way to avoid this 8 minutes? I have similar issue with network
cameras, if I have network loss, the pipeline will stay in a kind of
deadlock until the timeout signals take their actions and stop the
pipeline. I can't stop the save, set elements to null, do some
padblock etc until that, or is there a way to do one of these actions
during the freeze?

Regards,
Tibor