Pipeline problem

Tal Shalif tal_gstreamer at shalif.com
Wed Feb 23 19:46:28 PST 2011

If you are already using Pipeline.launch() to create your pipelines from
inside Java, your task now is to choose a pipeline which works. This
can/should be done outside of Java using gst-launch. If you are already
doing this, then your next step is to simplify your pipelines to the bare
minimum (shed elements, replace real sources with test sources with which
require simple and stable codecs, replace decodebin elements with 'real'
elements, etc.). Once you have dummy pipelines working, you can try
adding/replacing elements to slowly work towards your pipeline goal using
the good-old trial-and-error method.

Gstreamer-java should not be used at all until you have figured-out a
functional pipeline graph.