adder with multiple RTP multicast streams.

E-J van der Linden EJvanderLinden at hetnet.nl
Sat Mar 26 10:20:03 PDT 2011

Hello Olivier,

I'm trying to code the small program as you described in your reply but I do not succeed.
(http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/adder-with-multiple-RTP-multicast-streams-td2996174.html)

Perhaps you can help me.

The elements in my pipeline are
udpsrc, gstrtpbin, rtpL16depay, audioconv, audioresample, liveadder, alsasink sync=false

I have tried two options one works but is not what I need and the other doesn't work.

Option 1
I create all elements in the main program, create links between all elements except between gstrtpbin and rtpL16depay. Then set the pipeline to playing.

In the "on-pad-added" function I link the pads of the gstrtpbin and the rtpL16depay.
I have a working pipeline but I can not dynamically create (rtpL16depay, audioconv, audioresample) on a new rtp stream.

Option 2
I create udpsrc, gstrtpbin, liveadder, alsasink in the main program, create links between udpsrc, gstrtpbin and between liveadder and alsasink. then connect a signal to gstrtpbin with liveadder as data. Then set the pipeline to playing.

In the "on-pad-added" function I create the rtpL16depay, audioconv, audioresample elements and link them together. Then I link audioresample to liveadder (given via data) and I link the new gstrtpbin pad to a static sink pad of the new rtpL16depay element. I get no errors but also no sound in this option. I've tried to set the pipeline to PLAYING again in the "on-pad-added" function but that didn't help.

Do you see my problem or do you have an example program for me?

Thanks,
Ernst-Jan