Gstreamer Development and Code Committing

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Apr 17 01:17:42 PDT 2012

On 04/16/2012 03:52 PM, s.rawat wrote:
> HI ,
> I am trying to develop for the gstreamer.I have following questions :
> (1) How can I contribute.I wante dto start with the code reviews
> initially and later on minor patch commits.I have gained fair
> knowledge on Gstreamer theoretical part and Plugin Development guide.
Look at bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org, diagnose them and write a patch that
fixes a problem.
> (2) Are the gstreame projects hosted on http://sourceforge.net/ .Can I
> fork the projects from there, Liek we do with the git hub.Is there any
> manual for gettign started.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/

you can push your personal branch to e.g. github if you like.

> (3) Final question :
> Is there any coding IDE for Gstreamer which has the intelisense ,auto
> code complete and documentation support(GStreamer 0.10 Library
> Reference Manual or GStreamer 0.10 Core Reference Manual).Is there any
> IDE having this inbuilt support or the way by which we can add the
> support for this.
There is not good answer for this. Most editors (emuas, vim, jedit,
anjuta, ...) have support for ctags and those let you jump to xrefs. For
the documentation you can use devhelp.

Stefan