Gstreamer Development and Code Committing

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 01:41:26 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 19:22 +0530, s.rawat wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to develop for the gstreamer.I have following questions :
> (1) How can I contribute.I wanted to start with the code reviews
> initially and later on minor patch commits.I have gained fair
> knowledge on Gstreamer theoretical part and Plugin Development guide.
> (2) Are the gstreame projects hosted on http://sourceforge.net/ .Can I
> fork the projects from there, Liek we do with the git hub.Is there any
> manual for getting started.

You can just get a git checkout via git clone and then develop fixes and
enhancements locally in a branch.

You can then create patches from your local git commits using e.g.

  git format-patch -1

(for "turn the last 1 commits into patch files") and attach those to
bugs in bugzilla (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/bugs/)

Cheers
 -Tim