rtspsrc memory leak?

Timothy Bean timothy.bean at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:09:33 PDT 2012

I know you are not that involved anymore with TI Gstreamer. I could
REALLY use some help. I have been having problems with this for months
without a resolution. Can you please look and tell me how you think I
can fix it? I am really stuck and have been patching files left and
right with no resolution. I am desperate at this point.

I am on DVSDK 2.1 and using Gstreamer 1.01. I cannot go to DVSDK 4.02
with 1.02 as of yet.

Anyways, I am having this exact problem:

https://gstreamer.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=143&tracker_item_id=1005

I have tried every setting, putting in queues, setting max-lateness,
etc. But I have a serious memory leak. When I play from a file, no
memory leak. But when playing from rtspsrc, then I have a memory leak.
I can decode for a couple of minutes before I crash with OOM.

Can you please help me figure out what is wrong? I have emailed
Charlie that posted the bug, but got no reply.

Thanks

Tim