Playbin2.Video is not displayed. Only grey screen is shown.

Farrel shametko_roman at tut.by
Tue Apr 24 13:26:56 PDT 2012

Hi.
I'm trying to receive a video stream, which is sent over udp. To do this,
I'm using Playbin2 (I've also tried playbin, but the difference was only in
sound quality). The problem is that video is not displayed. Application
detects the stream and starts to work, but the only thing it displays is
just gray screen with some artifacts moving on it.

Here is the code wrote.

loop = g_main_loop_new(NULL, false);
playbin = gst_element_factory_make("playbin2", "play");
g_object_set(G_OBJECT(playbin), "uri", uri.c_str(), NULL);
bus = gst_pipeline_get_bus(GST_PIPELINE(playbin));
gst_bus_add_signal_watch(bus);
g_signal_connect(bus, "message::buffering", G_CALLBACK(&set_playbin_state),
playbin);
gst_object_unref(bus);
gst_element_set_state(GST_ELEMENT(playbin), GST_STATE_PLAYING);
g_main_loop_run(loop);

Of cause that's the most simple variant. I've tried to alter sink elements
in playbin, and enabling buffering, and changing buffer size but the result
was practically the same. Maybe somebody could help me with it?
Thanks in advance.