Playbin2.Video is not displayed. Only grey screen is shown.

Federico Zamperini fzamperini at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 26 00:44:21 PDT 2012

Hi,
	first of all try with gst-launch (or gst-launch-0.10 or whatever
version of gstreamer you have):

gst-launch playbin2 uri=<uri>

to make sure it's not matter of coding errors.
Then try to stream from the same machine to avoid narrow bandwith or
routers/firewall issues.
I had a similar problem when the resolution of the image was too high (I
missed a lot of frames, so the decoder could not reconstruct the frame
image -- I guess the artifacts you are talking about are the
"difference" between frames), so check if you can low it down; I had
successful tests with 320x240, 6 frames/s with h264 encoding on a 512kbs
connection (actually the used bandwith was around 300kbs).
Hope it helps
Cheers

Federico