Tom Mast GSoC project

Tom Mast thomasomast at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:51:47 PDT 2012

Greetings GStreamer developers,

I just wanted to give a short overview of my GSoC project this summer with
Buzztard and what I accomplished along the way.

I first created an AudioSynth base class to allow the creation of new
synthesizers in the future much simpler. This was then implemented within
Buzztard by simsyn and fluidsynth, and Stefan later built a nifty SIDsynth
using it. Next up was replacing the hard coded pipeline with EncodeBin and
EncodingProfiles. The final task I worked on was creating a sort of
pattern-based ControlSource that, based on a timestamp, computes which
event should be active in the sequence. The ControlSource is still not 100%
complete, and has me hooked on finishing it!

I greatly enjoyed my overall experience and love how active this community
is, you will continue to see me around I'm sure.

Tom