not well linked : avidemux - decodebin - queue

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:44:11 PST 2012

Hi I am trying to play an avi file, for some reasons I don't want to do it
with a playbin.
The fact is I had an avidemux and a mad decoder but not every avi file can
play. Then I replaced it for the following pipeline, to get the most codecs.

                                decodebin ----- queue ------ audioconvert
---- audioresample ------ autoaudiosink
filescr --- avidemux ---
                                decodebin ----- queue ------
ffmpegcolorspace ----- videoscale ----autovideosink

I tryed to link avidemux - decodebin with on-pad event, and decodebin -
queue as well. It didn't work.

I tryed to link avidemux - decodebin with the following code, but it didn't
work either.

// demuxer avidemux's name
// decvd a decodebin name for video, decad a decodebin name for audio.

GstPad *targetsrc = gst_element_get_pad(demuxer, "video_%02");

GstPad *targetsrc2 = gst_element_get_pad(demuxer, "audio_%02");

GstPad *padV = gst_element_get_static_pad(decvd,"sink");

GstPad *padA = gst_element_get_static_pad(decad,"sink");

gst_pad_link (targetsrc,padV);
gst_pad_link (targetsrc2,padA);

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot.

Rossana