AW: bus call without g_main_loop

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 04:11:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 12:00 +0100, Bernhard Graaf wrote:

Hi Bernhard,

> thank you for answer. That’s the same way I do, but you will only call
> this function in a loop (like g_main_loop). Without a loop, this
> function will never be called.
>
> But I want to call this function without the gstreamer loop, but I
> don’t know how I get the signal implemented in a gtk-loop.

The "Gtk Loop" is exactly the same as "the gstreamer loop", it's just a
g_main_loop_run() for the default main context.

You can also get at the messages without a main loop using
gst_bus_*pop*(), but if you are using a Gtk+ main loop, you may just as
well do what Peter suggested.

If you want to use bus *signals* (rather than the bus watch function)
you need to use gst_bus_add_signal_watch() instead.

Cheers
 -Tim