Can't pipe sound to new TI C5535 device

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Mar 27 10:38:57 PDT 2012

Stefan and Tim-Phillip,

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  Pesky managers; always wanting you
to do something else....

Anyway, Stefan,

     gst-launch audiotestsrc ! audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:1,0

also fails with the same mismatched speed error.  I suspect I need to use
Tim-Phillip's approach and update from 10.28 to 10.36.  I was hoping to
avoid a complete rebuild of gst, base, good, bad, ugly, etc. but the default
apt  version for 10.04 Ubuntu is 10.28 and the latest install packages at
the developer's apt repository is 10.35.

So, since I have no idea how to use a patch in a git, is it possible to
install the 10.35 release and then patch/build  just the src for whatever
needs patched?

Thanks,

Wes