Can't pipe sound to new TI C5535 device

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Mar 28 03:39:34 PDT 2012

On 03/27/2012 07:38 PM, Wes Miller wrote:
> Stefan and Tim-Phillip,
>
> Sorry for the long delay in responding.  Pesky managers; always wanting you
> to do something else....
>
> Anyway, Stefan,
>
>      gst-launch audiotestsrc ! audioresample ! alsasink device=hw:1,0
>
> also fails with the same mismatched speed error.  I suspect I need to use
> Tim-Phillip's approach and update from 10.28 to 10.36.  I was hoping to
> avoid a complete rebuild of gst, base, good, bad, ugly, etc. but the default
> apt  version for 10.04 Ubuntu is 10.28 and the latest install packages at
> the developer's apt repository is 10.35.
>
> So, since I have no idea how to use a patch in a git, is it possible to
> install the 10.35 release and then patch/build  just the src for whatever
> needs patched?
if the element in question is not using any API from a newer gstreamer
core (or any of the base libraries), you can of course just copy the
diff the version you are using against the latest version in git and use
that as a patch in your build. This might be appropriate if you are
getting close to a product release. Otherwise I would recommend to
update the libraries instead.

Stefan