Could you tell me about active-pad changed functionalities in playbin?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 3 02:06:41 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-02 at 17:25 -0800, HoonHee Lee wrote:
> I reviewed the latest gstplaybin2.c and gstplaysink.c files.
>
> When change current audio, video and text stream, Custom event has been sent
> with "playsink-custom-audio-flush" and "playsink-custom-audio-flush-finish".
> After that, gst_play_sink_sink_event() and gst_play_sink_sink_chain()
> functions are called in gstplaysink.
> And internally flush-start, flush-stop, segment event have been sent.
>
> However, in case of text-stream, these functionalities are just enabled.
> in case of audio and video stream, these functionalities are disabled in
> gstplaysink.
>
> I am wondering that these functionalities are still implementing or not
> verified until now?

The code you mention was just a hack to allow faster track switches
(i.e. from one audio track to another of the same file). For audio/video
this did not work very well, for subtitles it did. That's why it is
enabled for subtitles but not for the others.

This still has to be ported properly to the new features in 1.x, which
should make this much less hackish. Might need some API additions
though.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com