Element's pad is not linked

Jan Vorcak vorcak.jan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 12:20:29 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm developing a GStreamer plugin containing one sink element.
Right now I'm in the position when I need to send RECONFIGURE event
upstream.

So I tried following

gst_pad_push_event(trampsink->sinkpad, gst_event_new_reconfigure());

However it doesn't do anything. I tried to find out what is going on an the
element seems not to have its peer.

gst_pad_is_linked(trampsink->sinkpad) returns FALSE.

I execute everything using gst-launch-1.0 -v --gst-plugin-path=.libs/
fakesrc ! queue ! trampsink

While debugging, I generated the PNG of the pipeline and elements seems to
be linked (they are in the same pipeline so it should be OK).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6c4upmbbmr7th3/another.png

Can anyone explain what is going on? I'm reading the docs all over again
and found nothing so far.

Any help would be appreciated