proper audio video Interleave for mpegtsmux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 7 02:25:27 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-06 at 00:46 -0800, miskol wrote:
> a/v is sync of course everything play just fine.
>
> but output transport stream is not properly generated as
> audio frames are before videoframes in transport stream
> as there isn't any interleaving before muxer
> and I think there will be also problem with h264 frame order as I-frames
> should be before B and P(or whatever h264 call them)
>
> and if you are at slow connection it all takes to much time to buffer all
> need data
>
> What do you think about new interlive element that we use before muxers
> and h264parser with switch that reorder frames with right order(better for
> live streaming)

The order of frames must not be changed but must be kept as it is coming
from the encoder. Otherwise you won't be able to decode the stream
afterwards.

If you need a stream without frame reordering, without B-frames and
low-latency you need to configure this on the encoder. The RPi encoder
doesn't really have good settings for this unfortunately, and in general
adds quite some latency.

> http://vpn.mdragon.org:60080/5/0000007485.ts
> http://vpn.mdragon.org:60080/5/0000007486.ts

Can you file a bug about this one and link the files there?

> my hotfixes
> libav fdk
> http://pastebin.com/EyAuXHyx

For this we should add a native GStreamer element IMHO but until that
this patch is good of course :)

> omxh264enc  key frame interval
> http://pastebin.com/XD6KBvwr

This looks like a good start for a real patch, could you file a bug
about this? And maybe update it to add GObject properties to set the key
frame interval settings?

> omxmpeg2dec aspect ratio change problem
> http://pastebin.com/5Uktuzwp

This sounds like a bug that should be reported, reconfiguring the
decoder should work just fine. Can you report it? I think there's a
similar one to that already but I can't find it right now.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com