Help with transcoding h264 encoded TS on raspberry pi

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 13 09:37:57 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-13 at 18:35 +0100, Markus Fritsche wrote:
> On 12/13/2013 06:26 PM, Stefan Simon wrote:
> > Markus, your helps is greatly appreciated. Did you compile directly on
> > the Pi? If so, how long did it take? I was already in process of
> > preparing for the compilation, but I was not really sure whether using
> > 1.2 was going to help, so going on and spending several hours compiling
> > with a prospect not really clear, I became hesitant. But since I have
> > some time on my hands now that the holidays are near, I'll most likely
> > give it a try. Maybe using qemu/chroot cross compilation... Might even
> > learn something useful :)
>
> I didn't take that long, really - I remember something like about 15 -
> 30 minutes per tarball. It was more tedious to build a working network
> for qemu than just going ahead to compile on the pi ;)

Also see this here for some (probably a bit outdated) instructions for
compiling GStreamer for the Raspberry Pi:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2013-March/040163.html

For the red-ish video problems at the bottom, do you also get that when
you show it directly on the Raspberry Pi? Or only in the transcoded
video? I would be surprised if this is fixed with 1.2, I can't remember
any changes that could've fixed that.

Expertise, Straight from the Source