Help with transcoding h264 encoded TS on raspberry pi

Markus Fritsche fritsche.markus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 11:40:57 PST 2013

On 12/13/2013 08:12 PM, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Which caps are configured on videocrop here, and is videoconvert
> converting between different video formats? Do you also get these
> red/green problems if you don't encode after videocrop but display the
> video directly? Does the pattern change somehow if you use different
> cropping values, e.g. does it disappear if you only crop at the top or
> bottom?

videoconvert was just a safety measure - the pipeline also works fine
without those.

More samples:
http://reauktion.de/cropbottomout.mkv 8 px cropped at the bottom
http://reauktion.de/croptopout.mkv 8 px cropped at the top
http://reauktion.de/cropb16out.mkv 16 px cropped, 8 each side

The one with 16 px cropped looks fine. Hmm, was there a h264 rule that
width and height have to be dividable by 16? Or maybe that's a hardware
limitation (I do keep mentioning that my davinci based board doesn't
like dimensions not being dividable by 32 px ;-))

Best regards,
  Markus